Think braces are only for children or teens? Not any more! Today more and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment for a variety of different reasons. Some want to improve their smiles or correct their bites, while others want to improve their health or boost their self-esteem. Whatever the reason, many are choosing adult braces in Eau Claire WI.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about getting braces, but you haven’t yet made the decision improve your smile. Don’t put it off! We’ve got seven great reasons why adults should consider getting braces. Keep reading and find out if adult braces in Eau Claire WI are right for you.
1. Every smile is important. Your smile is one of the first things people notice.
Many people say their crooked or unattractive teeth are holding them back from living life to the fullest. Why not get braces and fix your mouth now? Sure, you might face a few months or possibly years of wearing something on your teeth, but the results will amaze you and you’ll no longer feel self-conscious about your smile.
2. Teeth can move at any age, even if they are healthy. Teeth can move at any age as the result of an injury, a health condition, or natural growth. Even if you had braces in the past, you may need them again. Some people who had braces when they were younger need them again when they get older, possibly because they didn’t wear their retainer as much as they should have. And other people have mouths that change naturally. Both cases can be successfully addressed with adult braces in Eau Claire WI.
3. You can avoid serious problems with your teeth and mouth. Research has shown that the frequency of misalignment in adults is comparable to that in children and teens. When you have a cross-bite or misaligned teeth, you have an increased chance of plaque and food building up between your teeth, which can result in gum disease. You can also possibly avoid tooth decay, gum and bone loss, irregular wear of the tooth enamel, and TMJ/TMD pain.
4. Avoid other health issues. Problems with your mouth may not be the only health concerns you face if your teeth are not straight or your bite is incorrect. You may suffer from headaches and earaches if you don’t seek treatment for your oral issues. Also, an improper bite can prevent you from chewing your food properly, possibly leading to gastrointestinal problems.
5. Today, adult braces in Eau Claire WI are better and less noticeable. Braces have evolved tremendously over the years. The brackets used today are smaller, and there are no longer bands that wrap around the tooth. Ceramic braces are a very popular choice among adults due to their cosmetic appeal.
6. Braces are now more affordable. Many medical and dental insurance plans cover part of the cost. Our orthodontic office offers many financing options and low-cost dental insurance to accommodate your needs, and we would be happy to discuss these with you. We can also review your insurance policy and assist you in maximizing your benefits and filing your claims.
7. People are living longer. And many people are keeping their teeth for their entire life, so it makes sense to straighten crooked or crowded teeth. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, more and more people who are in their 60s, 70s, and 80s are opting for braces.
Being able to show off your beautiful, straight smile makes a huge difference in your life and in how people interact with you. Imagine how your life could be different if you had a smile you were proud to show off!
So what’s holding you back from getting adult braces in Eau Claire WI? Whatever the reason, call our office today to schedule a consultation to discuss your options. Aren’t you ready to smile again?