Even though most many adolescents are excited to join the ranks of their friends at school by beginning their orthodontic treatments, some may be a little nervous about what having braces might entail. So if you need a few tips to help get your little one excited about getting children’s braces in Wisconsin, here are our top five tips!
1. Give braces bonuses. Consider developing a list of fun activities you can do with your child on the day they get their braces and after each orthodontist appointment. When you connect these types of fun activities with braces treatment, your child will begin to look forward to getting braces and taking good care of them.
2. Target results. Your child will be much more excited about getting braces if they can see what a difference braces can make in their smile. Read our patient testimonials and look at before and after photos together to hear what other children experienced. This will help ease your child’s mind when it comes to their change in appearance with braces and give them something to look forward to when they see those beautiful new smiles.
3. Choose their favorite colors. One of the most enjoyable activities of our patients is the option to add different colors to their braces. We offer a wide selection of color rubber bands for placement on their brackets. Whether it’s seasonal, school, or holiday colors, your child will love the chance to make an important decision on their own.
4. Pre-visit our office. If your child is nervous about visiting a new orthodontist, ease their fears with a social visit to our office. You’ll find a friendly, relaxing environment and staff that are there to help you with a smile. Try to arrive a few minutes early so your child is not rushed and has time to acclimate to the new surroundings.
5. Make it fun. Come up with a way to help make having braces fun. Purchase that cool new toothbrush your child wants. Or, buy a Waterpik and make a game out of flushing out those food particles every night. Brush with your child morning and night and create rewards for regular brushing and flossing.
If you or your child has questions or concerns about their upcoming braces treatment, we are here to help! Don’t hesitate to contact our office – we’ll take the time to answer your questions or concerns in detail and set your mind at ease.
If you haven’t made your first appointment yet, call our office today. We look forward to joining you and your child on the path to that new, confident smile you are going to love!